The Student News Site of Jewish Leadership Academy

The Inkwell

The Inkwell

The Inkwell

The Inkwell

Miami Open
Miami Open
May 8, 2024
Chai Lifeline
May 8, 2024

JLA’s Fashion Trends

Lilah Sister Klug

At every school, there are always fashion trends. Here at JLA they have come and gone throughout the year. There are a couple of different trends such as backpacks, shoes, and water bottles. Students at JLA take pride in showing up to class dressed in the latest styles and expressing themselves through their personal style choices.

Let’s start with water bottles. For someone who doesn’t pay attention to the recent trends (or is not a teenage girl) there are a couple of water bottles that are all the rage. Most don’t understand the hard choice of choosing a water bottle for school as a teenage girl. First of all: there are Stanley’s, the water bottle I’m sure everyone has heard of at least once, even if you have lived under a rock for the past six months. They started from a rebrand of the Stanley store and went viral, and now everyone has one. Nowadays, almost every student seems to own one, each uniquely decorated with colorful charms and tops attached to the straw. With several colors and sizes available, there isn’t much to like about these popular water bottles. Another brand making waves among JLA students is Lululemon, especially when it comes to its brightly colored water bottles. The majority of students seem to prefer either hot pink or black versions, although some dare to be bold and select other hues instead. No matter what shade they pick, though, these bottles add a pop of personality to everyone. 

Even though we have a strict uniform there are still opportunities for self-expression through accessories, hairstyles, and subtle modifications to the uniform itself. In addition, hair styles can also make a statement – whether it’s gorgeous curls, braids, ponytails, or fun colors. These small but meaningful choices allow us to  showcase our  personality, even in an environment where more overt forms of expression may be limited.

There’s not one person on this earth that does not enjoy a fresh new pair of shoes, but there are certain ones that everyone on the JLA campus are wearing right now. Most of the girls love the look of the Golden Goose sneakers which have a lot of sparkles and make you stand out in any crowd. Boys and girls throughout the whole campus enjoy Nike dunks, from neon colours to panda dunks. And Jordans, which have a very similar look to dunks, are also worn a lot. If you have ever worn a pair of UGGS you will understand why they are a must to wear. UGG boots remain a staple item for those students searching for comfort while navigating the hallways between classes, thanks to their cosy interior and closed toe design.

Finally, we cannot forget about the importance of carrying around the perfect backpack. Given that all students need something reliable to carry their books and supplies in, selecting the ideal pack can feel overwhelming. Majority of the students use the backpack the school supplied for them  but some people like to be creative with theirs by adding keychains or stickers to it. But a lot of students also enjoy the look of the Sprayground backpack which is very colorful and no backpack is the same. A hidden gem within these eye-catching backpacks is a small gold tag displaying the Jewish calendar year associated with its creation date – a thoughtful touch appreciated by many students.

In summary, whether it’s a flashy new water bottle, a comfy pair of shoes, or a creative backpack, JLA students never fail to arrive at school looking sharp and prepared for whatever challenges the day may bring. Fashion trends continue to grow over time, offering endless possibilities for self-expression and creativity among young students.